Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My adventure into the world of Naturism (Part 1)

My adventure into the world of Naturism/Nudism…

I’m not exactly sure when I became interested in the subject, but I know I got my first speedo style swimsuit in 1997, which is pretty close to being naked, and I’ve always like the ocean, swimming pools, water parks, etc.

My first official time enjoying being naked, was when I studied abroad in Australia in Spring of 2004, where down at the end of Seven Mile beach people would go without swimwear, it was just a few people, and I didn’t know or speak to any of them, but this was the first time I got the courage to officially remove my swimwear and in this case I just happen to only be wearing a speedo to begin with, it made me feel so free, so uninhibited, one with nature, wearing nothing but my birthday suit while enjoying the ocean, beach, and sunshine. I also was able to night skinny dip in the pool when no one was around, it felt so taboo, but yet so wonderful.

Then I remember having a talk with a friend in like 06 or 07 about naturism and from talking to him I found out about a naturist program for college age people, though we both tried to research it and were unsuccessful in finding any real legitimate information at that point in time, but luckily through the power of the internet and facebook, we were able to stay in touch..

This past winter in January, I relocated from Indiana to the wonderful new exciting state of Florida…Then Ironically in April my naturist friend, who I had only lived about 45 minutes from in Indiana, but had never meet posted on his facebook that he was coming to west palm beach Florida…and being curious as I am, I asked why…This is when I learned about the Naturist College Spring Break weekend, and this was like Wednesday and the even was on Friday…I’m not sure why, but prior to this I was always real hesitant about just doing random things without knowing a lot of details, but in this case for some reason I just felt comfortable and that it was something that I was meant to do, and I had really been wanting to meet my naturist friend ever since I first talked to him and this could be my one and only chance a voice in the back of my mind was saying, as now I lived more than 1000 miles away from him, and it was just sort of ironic that the event was so close to my new home, it was sorta like that fate had intervened or something to make the trip possible..So I went and bought a tent and all the other needed supplies, I was ready..

So finally after years of anticipation of my first naturist experience it finally happened April 10-12 in the year 2009!!

Then the day came (Friday), and I inquired about what time my friend was getting there, and then headed for the location, as I approached the location I was getting more and more nervous, I stopped at a Publix to get some more drinks and some beer ( I never really drink beer, but I thought I might need something to help my nervousness)…Then after this stop I looked at my Google directions and headed for the location, as I approached I started shaking I almost felt as though I was going to vomit, then finally I got there and turned in the drive, and using all my might I parked and went into the office to check in (fully clothed), and right then and there was my first real naturist resort experience where the staff was there completely naked like it was totally natural and didn’t even give it a second thought, so I filled out the registration form and got directions to the camp site, then after passing through the security gate, I headed to the camp site.

After a slight detour getting lost, since there weren’t many people there just yet and it was hard to tell which area was ours, I found the spot, and there were a few naked people, but most were still wearing some type of clothing at this point so I was still pretty nervous, so to ease myself into it I changed out of my street clothes into just a pair of short running shorts and no shirt, I figured that was a good step, so then rather than just sitting around awkwardly I picked out a spot and set up my tent, then right as I was finishing setting up my tent the main group of young people arrived, and I was relieved…At first I just sorta watched there group for a second to figure out who was who, and then I saw my naturist friend, so after a minute or so went up and introduced myself and it was great, we clicked right from the start (I mean we all know how scary some first meetings are when meeting people from the internet, and we normally only agree to coffee or something, not a whole weekend, and we wear clothes for the first meeting)…So then after a few minutes and once we all worked to get the big tent set up (who would have thought it would take 10-15 college age people to set up a tent), then we all made a trip to the grocery and liquor store…then upon returning to camp, the most amazing thing happened I’m not sure if someone yelled the phrase “naked time” or something, but in an instant everyone went from fully clothed to “naked”, so rather than just being the odd ball and being nervous I just jumped right in and removed my shorts.

WOW…Is all I have to say…I mean you would have thought I would have been nervous but in actuality I wasn’t, it just felt so normal and natural…and when everyone was naked it just wasn’t a big deal at all…and everyone was surprised when they found out it was my first time, though throughout the remainder of the event I learned I definitely wasn’t the only first timer…

So the activities for the first night just included having fun, there was a big drum circle around the big bon fire, where there were naked people, drummers, all kinds of different things..Then as the night progressed and we all started drinking the evening just got funner and funner.

The next day (Saturday) we all woke up, after everyone slept naked, and there isn’t anything you really have to do to get ready for the day when you start out naked…we just spend the day drinking a little, socializing, swimming in the heated pool, just having an all over great time, then later in the afternoon the majority of us participated in yoga (though we did wear shorts for it, since you get in some pretty crazy positions) and my friend made fun of me for some of the verbal noises I was making during it…lol…Its a lot harder than it looks, and I definitely felt muscles that I never knew I had and was bent into positions that I didn’t know I could get into any more (its definitely an activity that I hope to do more in the future as it seemed like it would be a really great workout tool). After yoga we all had some dinner at the buffet that was set up where they had different kinds of lasagna (vegetarian and meat) (I tried both). Then for the evening there was more hanging out around the fire, and there was a karaoke party for the entire camp in the screened in pavilion, and then after that started to wind down everyone went for a night swim in the pool, and then some people hung out in the sauna, and a few went down the water slide, and then moved over to the hot tub (which I definitely couldn’t get in all the way, after burning my backside, as it had never been exposed to the sun so much in its life) and then we just meandered back to the campsite, for a relaxing evening and another night of sleep.

After another awesome night, the next morning came (Sunday). First everyone had some breakfast and we definitely all needed our coffee this morning…I don’t think any of us could believe that the weekend was over so quick, but it wasn’t quite over yet…After breakfast everyone packed up all there gear while there was some discussion about which beach to go to, and it was funny after it had been discussed to change the plan for like an hour or two it instantly was back to the original plan…so once this was decided we all headed for Haulover Beach in Miami…The people in the other car just started out naked with only a towel to cover themselves for the journey down…I wasn’t so sure about that so I’d put clothes back on, but less than a mile from the location at a stoplight I joined and took my clothes off at a stop light, and then as I was following one of the other cars as I wasn’t 100 percent sure as to where we were going, I had to put the petal to the metal just to keep up I’m just glad I have a Sunpass or there would have been no way I could have kept up since I almost lost them at every toll plaza, I didn’t even know my car still went that fast…lol…Then finally after one of the most exhilarating drives of my life, we arrived at the beach, where from here we parked and walked to the beach in nothing but our towels…its definitely a different feeling…So we spend a few hours there and got some good sun and ocean time, it was definitely pretty awesome, except for some of the creepers on the beach, but luckily that day there was a Miami Police Officer that wasn’t super old driving around on a four wheeler keeping watch on the beach, to try to keep inappropriate activity to a minimum..Then as the day drew to a close we all headed back to the parking lot to say our good byes and head our separate ways.. This has to of been one of the most heart felt good byes ever, it was reminiscent of the time I went to the Student Council National Convention the way we all became such good friends, but that was over like 2 weeks not 3 days…

This is all I’m going to write for today, about my first naturist experience, I will definitely add future posts about my other experiences to date when I get the chance, I hope you all enjoyed hearing about it, and hope my writing isn’t too terrible as I haven’t really written anything like this in a while..

Matt

P.S. If you like this article and want to help send me on more Naturist adventures, feel free to donate (the link is on the side)

Note: I have it set to allow me to screen comments, so if you wish to comment, but don't want the comment to become public just put a note in the comment and I won't publish it...

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

good post matt! welcome to the would of nudism. being raised to be open with my body and nature i know what you were saying and feeling. its a great feeling and seems right just some people are so closed minded about nudity. i'm so glad my parents wasn't and i grew up with other nudist families. maybe we can go to a nudist camp together sometime. next time i do a post on my blog ill give you a shout out get you some readers its more fun i think when you have people giving there inputs.

naked hugs!

July 14, 2009 at 2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ryan has some pretty cool friends, and you're definitely one of them. Great story! I never really thought about what nudist do in their camps but sounds like you had heeps of fun.

jc from aus

July 19, 2009 at 9:05 AM  
Blogger ÅŽG€£ ©. said...

awesome post matt! and like ryan said, welcome tot he world of nudism lol. I personally dont see anything wrong with people being nude. It is what it is. Its just awesome you feel that way about yourself in body and mind. I say closed mindedness is for the rest of the world but not for people like you, ryan, and I. Ryan directed me to your blog so I just wanted to stop by and say hi. Cant wait for your next post.

Later cutie,
Angel

July 22, 2009 at 2:51 PM  
Blogger MartininBroda said...

Ryan said I should show you some love, hm, could we agree of some interest instead (and it is interesting), I’m waiting for your next post.

July 26, 2009 at 7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home